I do not come across technology strategy and management positions in emergency management very often. Positions like these signal a commitment to the responsible use of technology by dedicating someone knowledgeable to think through how technology can better support the organization's mission. This is vital to ensuring you maximize the value of the technology that you license and have at your disposal.
If you are interested in this type of position, Jetblue is hiring a Senior Analyst for Business Continuity and Emergency Response Systems. This role was specially created a few years ago and I believe there are some awesome travel benefits!
I am not sure how long this position will be posted. You can apply by clicking the button below or this link.
Here are the details of the positions.
The Senior Analyst, Business Continuity (BC) and Emergency Response (ER) Systems, reports to the Manager, Disaster Recovery and manages the technology supporting BC, Disaster Recovery (DR), and ER. This role is responsible for the strategic development and management of various applications to support planning, mitigation, response, and recovery for all three workgroups. Technology supported includes an emergency notification system, passenger tracking system, incident management, and business continuity planning.
- Develop and oversee the day-to-day management of the Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Emergency Response systems including developing, testing and on-going maintenance (including change management with updates). Enforcing department policies such as data standards to ensure accuracy of information.
- Ensure vital/time sensitive functions are cross trained to ensure response capacity across all members of department.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies and industry best practices.
- Recommends technology solutions that solve pain points identified by Director or Managers.
- For new technology: source multiple potential suppliers, conduct due diligence/supply chain process, contract management, implementation, testing, end-user training, and maintenance. Prepare for Leadership approval.
- Assist with identifying and tracking Technical Recovery Plans, Service Level Agreements, bugs, and data integrity for systems tracked in BC and DR program.
- Support the testing and readiness of the SOC Backup Center - Woodbury Support Center. Enforce compliance of all departments represented.
- Ensure end users including Business Continuity Liaisons are able to understand the software to conduct their BC Planning.
- Participates on rotating on-call coverage by serving as a resource to Crewleaders and Crewmembers to provide guidance in times of crisis
- Oversee, respond to, and manage logistics of critical crisis events to support the business, Operations and/or Crewmembers.
- Develop and conduct tabletop exercise for department specific plans and Crisis Management Team as needed
- Develop strong industry relationships with Business Partners, government agencies and other companies’ Business Continuity departments as well as strong working relationship with JetBlue’s Leadership and Crewmembers Create, implement, and manage ad-hoc projects as needed
- Other duties/projects as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree any field
- Three (3) years of experience in the Business Continuity or related field
- Experience in business continuity program management
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects
- Experience in managing applications
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm manner and provide leadership when needed
- Attention to detail in maintaining emergency response members’ records
- Ability for frequent overnight travel (15%)
- Pass a ten (10) year background check, pre-employment drug test and criminal history records check (when applicable).
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency Management, Crisis Management, or Business Continuity
- Prior experience in managing emergency management or business continuity software
- Experience with coordinating multiple location in emergency preparedness
- Previous experience with deployment command centers for crisis situations
- Has developed key industry (public/private) relationships
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)